Our railroad, due to its low environmental impact, is today the only ecological means that will allow you to visit an inaccessible part of the Tierra del Fuego National Park.
Located at 8 km towards the west of the city of Ushuaia is the End of the World Station, from there the trains depart to the Tierra del Fuego National Park Station. The railway consists of steam locomotives and elegant heated cars with large windows.
Duration 50 - 60 minutes approx Daily departures
*** Additional Excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park ***
Train audio is available in several languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
End of the World Trian
* End of the World Station: The End of the World Train invites you to relive the last 7 km. of the old route of the train of the prisoners, which started from the jail of Ushuaia towards the slope of Monte Susana to obtain different materials for the construction. On board the train you can listen to the history and enjoy magnificent landscapes, composed of the zigzagging Pipo River, the Macarena waterfall, the tree cemetery and the majestic forest. Traveling through an inaccessible part of the Tierra del Fuego National Park, you can enjoy this experience aboard a vintage railway with its steam locomotives and elegant cars with large windows.
* Puente Quemado: It crosses the Cañadón del Toro and crosses the Río Pipo over the Quemado Bridge, where the wooden remains of the old bridge are found under the new roads.
* La Macarena Waterfall Station: At La Macarena Waterfall Station, the train stops to appreciate the panoramic views, as well as a reconstruction of a typical settlement of a family of one of the original peoples that populated these lands: the yámanas. At this stop it is also possible to ascend to a viewpoint that offers a fabulous view of the Pipo River Valley and from which it is possible to observe the rising of the La Macarena waterfall in the Del Martial Mountain Chain. After fifteen minutes, the whistle of the guards will call for the tourists to return to the train quietly and the train will restart its march and soon enter the area of the sub-Antarctic forest, one of the few that exist in the world.
* Limit National Park: The train enters the Tierra del Fuego National Park. During the whole trip, you will be accompanied by a Trilingual guide (Spanish-Portuguese-English) that will detail the route and history of the Train of the Prisoners, and who you can consult for more information.
* Cemetery of Trees: Bordering the Pipo River, we find traces of the daily routine of the prisoners after almost half a century of clearing forests to supply the city with firewood and a turbal, which is the characteristic soil of Tierra del Fuego composed of organic material and compacted ore.
* National Park Station: The train arrives at the National Park Station, where the visitor can choose between returning to the End of the World Station or continuing his visit to the Tierra del Fuego National Park in another means of locomotion hired in advance. Here you can use the sanitary facilities provided in the cars enabled.
TICKET ENTRANCE TO NATIONAL PARK NOT INCLUDED